Friday, December 26, 2008

Ahhhh.

Rest.
REST IN THE LORD.

Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

This is precisely what God has done for me this whole month of December so far. I have learned to rest in Him. I have a whole new appreciation for the Sabbath and for time off, and it's there to SEEK THE LORD. Not to mention all of the other things I have learned in this time, but if nothing else, rest in Jesus Christ.

I felt stirred tonight to start a journal of everything that God has taught me and I have learned. PUT IT IN STONE. Testify. I know this is real. I know that what God has done in my heart is real. It's not something I read in a book, it's not something that I obtained or an emotional high. It's not. I'm happy, yes. But I'm really learning that all of my sufficiency, all my strength, my joy, my passion and love, my EVERYTHING, is in Jesus Christ. I could have anything, I could play video games all day long and buy anything I want, watch movies, hang out with people, anything, but it does not satisfy me. Jesus is the One. He is the One.

I am stoked for my future, I am grateful for His grace, and I am fully dependant on Him for anything and everything. It's exactly where I want and need to be.

No comments: