Monday, February 9, 2009

phases.

over the past few days I've watched a few movies and been disappointed in them. I watched Inside Man, Taken, The Four Feathers, and Fight Club, and couldn't get into any of them. I'm not sure if I'm coming out of my movie phase, or what.

I go through phases, like for a while I'll listen to tons of music and buy CDs, then get rid of them. then I'll do books (though I haven't gotten rid of many books, I have yet to finish them :P ) then movies and so on. I really enjoy movies with rich plots and good acting and stuff but here lately can't seem to get into any. Maybe I need to lay movies down before God for a while.

Now I just want to talk.

I'm in that place again right now where my heart is overwhelmed, overwhelmed with God's goodness and my weakness. It's so polar but magnetic...because in my weakness God's power is shown and He is glorified.
I so hate talking like a pastor or theologian. Like, even what I just said, though it is true, is hard for me to say because it's so easy for someone who is struggling to hear that and become discouraged because they just don't get it.
I am listening to Desperation Band, I just listened to Overcome, and it makes me think.
Worship in heaven is about declaration. The angels singing, 'holy, holy, holy!' and just declaring who God is. Desperation Band is the closest thing I've ever heard to heavenly worship. I feel so comforted by God's presence when listening to them. But anyway. It's okay.

I was thinking about heaven on Sunday, and thinking about how finite we are....
like, the Bible can mean so many different things to so many different people, one verse impacts one person and another can impact someone else. some verses mean little to nothing to some, while they mean everything to another. People connect differently. People encounter the Almighty God differently.
I hear some preachers talk about walking under open heaven and all this blah blah blah and as much as I know Jesus told us to ask for God to put heaven on earth I don't think He meant the deeds as much as the heart, the worship, the complete adoration. I dunno. But all I know is I have no idea what to expect when I get to heaven and I really don't want to.

No comments: