Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Childlike Faith Part II--my own story.

Well, I can't say I'm completely at the point of childlike faith, even though I want to be there desperately, it would save me all kinds of pain and confusion.

Yesterday I was reading Every Young Man's Battle and was shocked by the blatant honesty, and the involvement of God through these trials. It put my relationship with the Lord in perspective.

You see, I think that naturally we expect ourselves to have to work our way "back," to get to a point where we can grow in our walk with Christ. So really, I was putting a burden on myself of adult faith. But where in the Bible does it call us grown-ups of God?
We are consistently called children and friends, not acquaintances or partners or affiliates. We are personally connected, as God's kids and His friends, His buddies.
(Deut 14:1, John 1:12, Romans 8:16, Ephesians 5:1, Philippians 2:15, 1 John 3:1-3.)

Yesterday, I was reading that book when I felt like Jesus was sitting right there beside me asking, "When are you going to let this charade go? How long are you going to hold on to your need for control? I understand your worry and your fear, but I am good and I will not let you down."
I have pondered that question since then, wanting desperately to let go but still having trouble with trust. But God will help me overcome.

No comments: