Thursday, January 22, 2009

God's validation and comfort.

I like to think God's normal.
He's not really that weird, at least as weird as some people make Him out to be. Sure, it may be weird to someone to hear someone else say, "I heard God say," I can totally understand. But He's not "out there." He's right beside us. He whispers to us when we are going in the wrong direction, and draws us GENTLY to Him.

It's easy to want to beat myself up for all the mistakes I've made. Both in my whole life as well as in the daily things. Here lately it's been misplaced priorities. But man, He really still loves me. And what kind of god would push us further and further away when we fail him? It only makes sense to draw us closer more gently and lovingly. Like the old saying goes, you attract a lot more bees with honey than vinegar.

I'm glad He loves us so much.

"With Your majesty here, I fall to my knees, I love You endlessly. With the beauty of Your Son, I find myself undone, I love You endlessly."

I want to come undone. To fall to my knees, and adoringly give my life entirely to Christ. I really do.

No comments: