Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do you care to know what gets me worked up more than a lot of things? It is, in fact, the reason I am studying psychology in college right now.
I have a buddy who I work with that I constantly feel like I'm on thin ice with. I have always felt like this guy keeps my life under a microscope and so any time I screw up, he knows it and if I ever try to give him advice or tell him I think he should do something, he began to throw those mistakes back at me. Now, don't get me wrong, we're cool right now...but I just hate the fact that if he comments on my facebook status saying "ridiculous" I can't tell if he's serious or if he's just being silly. And I wish my life wasn't such a big deal to this guy. Everything's a big deal--at least it was--if I couldn't hang out, it was always "Dude, why?" and when I said it was to hang out with my family, he would always say that I was his family and that I "never spend time with him."
It has always been difficult thinking about my friendship with him after thinking about some of my friendships at church...(oh yeah, this guy will tell you he's a Christian, I'm not trying to take away from that, but...) because, let's make a situation.
After church, a friend asks me if I want to go see a movie. "Not today man, I can't really afford it." "Okay man, that's cool!"
After work, this friend asks me if I want to see a movie. "Nah man, I really can't afford it." "Oh my gosh...you have 4,000 dollars in the bank. You're so selfish man. You never hang out."

Granted, a lot of this has changed. I have confronted him and sparks flew, and that's part of why its so weird now. I want to be his friend, and I love the guy to death. He's a special guy. He has his issues like anyone, but I like him, but I don't want to give the impression like I have no other friends or family (another thing I have told him.)

Anyway, I don't know why I really brought that up, but I did...

No comments: